Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Lots of jumbly thoughts

Today has been great. On Wednesdays I get to read Miles' letter to the family, so it's always great to know how he's doing and to hear what progress he's making with those stubborn Canadians! I took the kids to a park early this morning before it became Hells Kitchen outside and they had alot of fun. Addy is the type of kid though who just watches stuff for a while. She watches and watches, and then decides to jump in and have fun. I am always reflecting on how different 2 kids in the same family can be.



I am in mourning right now, because one of my dear friends has passed away. Her name was Morning Nap, and one day she was here, the next she was gone. Poof. Just like that. Addy just decided she didnt need two naps a day after all, so now she takes one around lunch time. At least it's a long nap, around 3 hours. Niiiiiice. It's been good and bad. On the good hand, we can go do stuff in the morning without Addy becoming Miss Cranky Pants. On the bad hand, I cant just wake up when the kids do and then work out when she lays down for her morning nap, which was around 9:30, 10:00. Now I have to actually wake up before the kids do *gasp* if I want to work out and shower. You know, at a decent hour instead of waiting until 2:00 in the afternoon to look presentable. But I guess it's more good than bad because I've been really really trying hard to do the "early to bed, early to rise" thing. So now I just have more motivation to do that.

You know whats funny? All day long I will think of things to blog and i usually write them down on a list, but today I just cant think of all the things going on. And actually, if you look at the date on the top of this blog, it will say I wrote this on Wednesday. But in actuality, it's Friday. It has taken me that long to write out a decent post. And it doesnt even have pictures! For shame!!! But seriously, I took a blog addiction quiz the other day, and I am 70% addicted to blogging. I could've (hmm, my spellcheck is telling me that could've is not a word. Does it know I'm from Texas and I can make any word I want into a contraction?) sworn that it more like 98% or something like that, but I'm also pretty sure that it was The Official Blogging Addiction Quiz, so the numbers must be right, right?

Oh, oh oh!!!! I know I know!! I was going to tell you that I have a talk this Sunday. Eeewwwwwwwwww. It is like the worst possible week to have a talk to give. My house has been in a total shambles because we redid the flooring in the hallway and the kids rooms. All the furniture from 3 bedrooms was in my room, plus Liam and Addy were sleeping in there. 2 beds, a crib, 2 dressers, a ridiculous number of childrens books, and clothes strewn everywhere (dont ask me why moving furniture involved strewing clothes everywhere) all conspired to make me, well, not feel quite so.........spiritual, if you know what I mean. Cleanliness is next to Godliness you know and I swear I have been so cranky this week. So I have looked over my talk once, and luckily it is very short and Shawn will be speaking too so that means he can pick up the slack on my 8 minute talk. I love having a husband who likes giving talks. So anyway, back to why this is the worst possible week to give a talk: tomorrow (saturday) is Richards wedding and reception (shawns younger brother), I had to put my house back in place from the Flooring Fiasco, and Sunday our realtor is having an Open House and my house has to be *spotless*, and Sunday we are driving to Houston so I have to pack for that. yuck yuck yuck.

Well, that is enough griping for one night. Well, it's not really I could do some more about how hard it is to have your house show worthy all the stinkin time with 2 small children. I dont know how Becky Hansen did it. I dont know how Stephanie Gibson did it. I dont know how anybody does it. Kuddos to you ladies!!!

Okay that really is all. I will let you all know how my weekend goes. And if you're a Tomballite, I look forward to seeing you in a couple days!

No comments: