Thursday, August 2, 2007

My New Invention

They say necessity is the mother of invention. I'm inclined to believe that is a true statement because I find it quite necessary to get Liam to stop running as loudly as he can down the hallway while his sister and dad are asleep. Lengthy discussion on this topic with the little offender has not helped so now I am forced to invent something to head off the elephantine running. I'm thinking something like an invisible force field that will be able to sense when Liam's little feet are beating a noisy path to the hallway. Before Liam could get one foot in the hall the force field would spring up (or however it is force fields appear. I'm a mother not a scientist people.) and Liam would be prevented from waking anyone up. So picture this in your head: Liam, running full tilt for the hallway, bounces off of what looks like thin air and lands on the floor with a puzzled look on his face. I would be seated nearby with a box of chocolates laughing my head off. So you see it would double as entertainment. I would of course tell him how to get the force field to not appear. After he tried for another 5 or 6 times. The way to keep the force field down would be to walk veeeeeeerrry quietly down the hallway.

So, if you too would like your very own Force Field Nap Extender, give me a call, or leave me a comment, and I'll try to get you one for the low low price of 1999.99. And if you call in the next 15 minutes, I'll throw in a box of Godiva for free!

7 comments:

Celeste said...

Can I purchase stock for that product?!? Will you still throw in a box of chocolates?!?

Steph said...

Even though you told me this today, I laughed out loud when I read it!! Especially the part that included the chocolate!

Steph said...

I really like your new signage!

Karie said...

Lovin' the banner on your page. Pretty cool!!!

Karie said...

By they way, I noticed I'm STILL on the bottom of your blog stalk. That's ok, I know you want your other friends to think they are the best and not let them know that I am your favorite. We can keep that secret to ourselves. :o)

akingang said...

Hey, I loved this post, eventhough I read it last week and forgot to comment. I would pay good money for your invention! I have finally posted again.

Hannah said...

I LOVE the "But wait!" That's so classic! You are a lot nicer than my husband who wants to invent a shock collar so he can condition our children like Pavlov's dogs. I told him this would only make our children into obedient but mindless drones with no opinions of their own! I guess we'll never know.