Tuesday, February 26, 2008

These Are My Confessions...

Confession 1: I never like how my stylist styles my hair after they've cut it. Especially when they get out the blowdryer and flat iron. I never know what I'll end up with. I have only liked the style one time and that was when that guy in Houston cut my hair in the Willowbrook Mall. Mom where was that again? What was his name? Anyway, I always look in the mirror, after they've finished shellacking and primping and try to act like I love it, but honestly, I get about a mile away from the salon and I twist the rearview mirror and put everything where it goes. Now, that's not to say that I dont love the cut, because the next day after I've fiddled with it myself I always end up liking it. Well. Most of the time. Another thing is: are you self conscious about fixing it in the mirror when the stylist is watching? That's why I wait until I'm about a mile away and then doodle with it. I'm always afraid of offending them or something!

Confession 2: Today after my haircut I bought a bacon cheeseburger at Burger King and picked out all the bacon. It was gross.

Confession 3: Grocery shopping with my kids makes me want to scream. I hate it. I think when I became a mother I didnt get the "dont mind hauling your kid to walmart" gene. If you gave me a choice between, say, I dont know... Lets say you said "ashley, if you stand outside naked in the cold tonight for 5 minutes I'll watch your kids while you grocery shop tomorrow." I would say "Make sure you turn off the porch light!". In other words, I wouldnt hesitate to let you watch my kids, no matter the conditions you set forth!!! I am going to dedicate a whole post to this, and you'll laugh and think oh that's so funny, but it will be true. Every word of it.

Confession 3: I need to go to bed. Night!

p.s. I am very glad spellcheck is working again.

5 comments:

Hannah said...

Amen to hating the way they style my hair and then being paranoid about fixing it with them watching!
HA! HA! HA!

Karie said...

I've got the oposite problem, I love how my hairdresser style my hair but I can never reproduce it as good as he does. I think it's on the water they use!!! LOL

Celeste said...

I not only have had the worst "styles" BUT the worst "haircuts" in history!!! I could go on & on with my horror stories (Karie was able to witness one of them) BUT I will spare you. And then when I finally find someone who is amazing and that I trust (my neighbor, 2 doors down) then she decides to stop doing hair out of her house and has gotten a job at a salon about 35 minutes away!!! How inconvenient!! So, I'm sitting here with inch-and-a-half roots because I'm too lazy to call and make an actual appointment to go have my hair done. It was just so much simpler when I could put the kids to bed, pick up the phone, and walk two-doors-down and get my haircut!! My hair is a big pain in my rear end! :)

Lisa said...

I love the girl who styles mine, I feel like I can never get it the same way. Plus, I love the products she uses since I'm too cheap and won't spend the money on $30 bottle of hair gel.

Jenn said...

Sweetie, if you're desperate enough to go stand out in the mosquito-laden air, you just drop 'em off at my place for a couple hours!