Monday, June 23, 2008

Devastated


For Father's Day, I took some pictures of Liam and Addison dressed up in their dad's clothes- Liam was Working Dad and had on a suit, and Addy was Golfing Dad and had on a golfing outfit, complete with driver. They turned out SO CUTE. I take the card to Walmart to get them printed, and for some reason my card didnt work in the photo machine. Hmm, that's strange, it worked at home in my card reader, I thought. The lady tried to make it work and kept shoving it in and out, and finally I made her stop (politely) and just said oh well. Well, when I got it home and put it my card reader again, IT WOULDNT WORK AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!! Now the card is asking if I want to format it... NO I dont want to format you and erase everything on there!! So I googled the problem and came up with some recovery software that found the pictures that were on there- over 400- and as I was looking at them more than half are ruined- like they wont come up or they're just pink and green and black squiggles. So then I go to download them and the software is gonna make me pay 40 dollars just so I can have my pictures back!! That is highway robbery! They are taking advantage of people who will do anything just to get those precious pictures back. I will probably pay it but it will be very painful. Almost as painful as the card being ruined in the first place. Easter, Liam's T-Ball, etc.... lost in a little blue card.



So the moral of the story is: DOWNLOAD AND PRINT YOUR PICTURES AS SOON AS YOU TAKE THEM!!! Learn from my misery!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Give this software a try...http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec


Its Free. Good Luck.

http://richardbarron.net/ said...

I teach my photo students to always...

1. Download your photos to at least two separate locations on your computer (like your hard drive and an external hard drive) as soon as you are able.

2. Reformat your card as soon as you insert it into your camera, every time.

3. Burn to at least 2 CDs everything that you want to keep, and store them in at least two separate locations.