Saturday, November 17, 2007

Blogworthy

Now, being as I'm from Texas, you'd think I wouldn't have any trouble understanding an Oklahoma accent. In fact, thus far I've had no trouble, because they're basically the same. But the other day at the ward Thanksgiving dinner, I introduced myself to someone (who doesnt read this blog) who then told me his name, which to me sounded like Lian. Like, Lee-un. So, I think to myself, oh that's cool it's kind of like Liam but with an "n". So I say "How do you spell it? L-I-A-N?" He's like, "no, it's Leeyun. L-I-N." I said "oh, I thought you said Lian. My bad." He goes, and I quote "I did! Lin, it's short for Lindel, but I didnt like that name so I shortened it to Lin." Only, when he said Lin, it still sounded like Leeyun. So I just said "oh. ok. gotcha." and moved the converation to his wife, who I could understand alot better!

And now, for something completely different...



Has anyone noticed that the commercials for this stuff, which is a Restless Legs medication, tell you to be on the alert for "increased gambling, sexual, or other urges." ????? I laughed at first, but it's really not funny. Now I'm just amazed that a medication with those kinds of side effects is allowed on the market. What a way to get out of being caught in an affair, huh? "Honey, it didnt mean anything, it was the Mirapex and those darn increased sexual urges! I swear!!!" Hmmm.......

3 comments:

Steph said...

OK, this was really funny!!

Hannah said...

Maybe the guy was "from" Alabama and only "lived" in Oklahoma?

Lisa said...

I was just watching your slideshow and I love your pictures! The one with Addy in the tub is so stinking cute! You actually had a few good ones of her in there.